Finance from as little as £22 per month!
Enter your initials, name, car or anything else...
Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your rights and obligations when purchasing a private registration from SwiftReg ltd.
Swiftreg.co.uk website is owned and operated by Swiftreg Limited (also referred to in this document as 'we', 'us', 'our', 'swiftreg' 'swift reg' and 'The Company'). Our registered office is SUITE 21 10 CHURCHILL SQUARE, KINGS HILL, WEST MALLING, ME19 4YU. Our company registration number is 12601865, VAT number 350 6628 04.
This version of terms is dated 10th September 2021. Our previous version applicable from 4th June to 9th September 2021 can be viewed here. We may update these terms from time to time at our discretion, however these terms will apply when you buy from our website or use any of our services.
Buying A Registration
- 1. Purchasing or buying a registration will give you (or a nominee of your choice) the rights to display the registration mark. Any referencing to 'own' or 'owning' a registration number, we mean the person who will have the sole rights at the time to display the registration number. This is in compliance with current government regulation.
- 2. All registrations are sold subject to availability. We supply registrations from various sources and we cannot accept any responsibility should the donor of the registration change their mind in respect of selling, or the registration becoming unavailable at point, or in the unlikely event of failure of the transfer at DVLA transfer level. All registration availability and prices shown throughout this website are subject to change without notice.
- 3. For clarification, any order is not deemed to be accepted by the company until all aspects of the order including price and availability have been checked and confirmed by the company.
- 4. Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if a buyer does not proceed with the transfer of the registration mark after paying the part/full payment, or fails to supply the full documentation required by DVLA, then no part of this payment is refundable, whatsoever, as the service period commences immediately. Bespoke and personalised items are excluded from Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 for distant sales. This means consumers do not have the right to cancel once orders have been placed as our services in respect of supply of registrations and/or number plates commences immediately. As the Company supplies bespoke services and customised goods, no cooling off period or refunds are given as the Company enters into legally binding contracts with the third parties and number plate manufacturers on the Purchaser's behalf, which cannot be changed or cancelled. If a balance payment is not received, a debt recovery company will be employed to recover any payments outstanding. There will be additional charges for their services. Please note there is no cooling off period.
- 5. Applications to cancel newly issued registrations (unissued government stock) will be passed onto DVLA for their consideration, but only if the request is submitted to the company in writing, within 7 days of initial purchase, and the registration is unused and still on it's original certificate. All applications to cancel must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of a cancellation request, the company will inform the purchaser of the correct cancellation charge fee of which the purchaser has to reply to confirm acceptance before the application to the DVLA is made. Our cancellation fee is £75 / 15% of the purchase price (whichever is greater), in addition to the cost of plates of made, and transfer if attempted, and will either be deducted from any refund balance due to the purchaser, or will be required as cleared payment prior to the application being made. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure we receive the cancellation request, and to contact us should no response be received. Once we have submitted an application to the DVLA for consideration, it will be their sole discretion to cancel the registration mark purchased.
- 6. The company cannot accept applications to cancel pre-owned registrations.
- 7. A Buyer shall be deemed to be found once SwiftReg have received a part or full payment by any means such as cash, cheque, bank card or finance application approval from an intending purchaser of the registration mark.
- 8. Use of this website’s “Buy Online” facility does not guarantee price or availability of your chosen registration.
- 9. Should a registration you have purchased not be available, you will be offered the choice to exchange for another registration of equal value, or a full refund. Should you choose an alternative registration, you acknowlege that change will be bound by these same terms.
- 10. The Buyer of any registration mark must forward full payment before a transfer will be submitted to the DVLA, or it’s agents. This payment must be made within 14 days of securing the registration by initial part payment (if applicable), or the transaction will be deemed a failure and the Buyer will forfeit their part payment. We must receive any required vehicle documents within a maximum of 21 days from the date of initial payment.
- 11. In the unlikely event of us being unable to supply a registration or if the transaction fails, prior to completion, due to no fault of the Buyer then he/she will receive a full refund of all amounts paid only. This will be in the form of payment received be it cash, cheque or credit card.
- 12. The Secretary of State for Transport, Environment of the Regions or their agents, the DVLA (as keeper of their records), may at any time revoke the right to a registration mark for whatever reason. In this highly unlikely event Swiftreg cannot be held responsible. Swiftreg are also not liable for any change in Government legislation or it’s consequences.
- 13. Although you can purchase a registration that is newer than your vehicle, you cannot display a number plate on a vehicle that makes that same vehicle appear newer. Please note that numbers cannot be cancelled or changed and it is your responsibility to purchase a registration mark that is suitable for the intended vehicle.
- 14. Swiftreg shall be responsible for the administering of documentation for the purchaser and will process all papers as quickly as is possible. On occasion, we may be required to send documentation to DVLA/Department of Transport for processing. In this scenarios it may take upto 12 weeks for the documents to be processed. We will not be liable for any losses howsoever caused due to any delay other than on the part of Swiftreg ltd. In the unlikely event that the DVLA revokes the right to a registration mark, SwiftReg will not be liable for any damages, interest, or other expense incurred whatsoever.
- 15. Any price match offer relates to prices where the exact same registration and services apply on registrations held in stock and owned by swiftreg. It is not a retrospective offer and therefore we are unable to match a price once a transaction has already been started and payment made. We will only price match registered cherished number plate dealers, and not individual sellers or the DVLA.
- 16. It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure the registration being purchased is both correct and suitable for the vehicle you wish to display this on.
- 17. Any deposits paid for a registrations are non-refundable, except in the circumstance where the registration is not available.
- 18. If acrylic plates are ordered at the time of sale, we are only able to dispatch them once we receive documentary evidence of either the purchaser or nominee (user) of the registration. This is line with legal requirements set out by DVLA. Once ordered, we are unable to cancel, change or refund.
- 19. Any liability is strictly limited to a full refund only and no claims for damages, interest on monies paid or any other expenses will be entertained.
- 20. All prices are correct at the time purchase. Prices can and will fluctuate, and prices will be subject to change without notice.
Vehicle Age & Suitability
As per current regulations, it is not possible to make a vehicle appear newer / younger than it is. For example, you cannot assign a 2020 issued registration onto a 2010 registered vehicle - this would make the vehicle appear 10 years newer / younger and therefore the registration would not be allowed to be assigned.
- 21. Swiftreg make no guarantee that a registration can be assigned to a specific vehicle. It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure that any registration purchased is going to be suitable for the vehicle they wish to display it on. Information of the vehicle age requirement can be found on the registration page near the price/buy button, and in the FAQ of a registration page. In addition, a vehicle age disclaimer is on the checkout page prior to purchase to confirm the vehicle age requirement. By ticking and proceeding to purchase, you acknowledge this information and accept omit any liability on Swiftreg should a registration not be suitable for a vehicle.
- 22. Registrations can only be assigned to vehicles of tax and testable type. This means vehicles listed as limited usage such as farm or agricultural vehicles, tax exempt vehicles, or vehicles which do not require a MOT do not qualify for the transfer scheme and consequently it will not be possible to transfer a registration to/fromt a vehicle of this type.
When A Contract Is Complete
- 23. A contract will be considered complete under the following circumstances;
(a) If a registration is purchased without our 'Managed Transfer Service', then a contract will be considered complete on ourselves issuing an email indicating the certificate has been sent to you.
(b) If a registration is purchased with our 'Managed Transfer Service', then a contract will be considered complete on ourselves issuing an email indicating the transfer has been completed, which will include supporting documents.
V750 / V778 Registration Certificates
- 24. It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure any purchased registration is assigned to a suitable vehicle before the expirey date listed on the certificate. Alternatively, this expiry date can be extended by the purchaser if required. Swiftreg will not be liable for any certificates which expire. If it is not assigned before this date, the registration will be lost.
- 25. Should the purchaser require a duplicate/copy certificate be issued for any reason, an admin fee may apply at our sole discretion.
- 26. Certificates issued will usually bear the name of Swiftreg as the purchaser/grantee. The recipient will be listed as the nominee (if specified during purchase). The registered keeper will assume control of the registration once it has been assigned to a vehicle.
Transfer Of Registrations
- 27. If we are transferring the registration to a vehicle, the buyer is responsible for producing the documentation of the vehicle receiving the mark.
- 28. In most scenarios we will be able to assign the registration to a suitable vehicle without the requiring the original V5C log book. However on occasion this document may be required, you will be notified if this is the case.
- 29. We will assign the purchased registration using the vehicle information provided/submitted to us. We accept no responsibility if the incorrect information has been provided.
- 30. A transfer will be deemed as completed by Swiftreg when we issue an email confirming the transfer is complete, which will include supporting documentation for your reference.
- 31. Transfers are limited to vehicles of tax and testable type. This means vehicles listed as limited usage such as farm or agricultural vehicles, tax exempt vehicles, or vehicles which do not require a MOT do not qualify for the transfer scheme and consequently we are unable to to transfer to or from a vehicle of this type. We will not be aware of the vehicle type when you submit your V5C information to us.
- 32. If we are arranging a transfer of the registration purchased from us and you wish to retain a private registration already assigned on your vehicle, you must email us immediately once your order is placed to inform us. A further payment of £80 will be due to cover the DVLA retention fee plus an admin fee for our time. If we do not receive this fee, then the number will lost once the transfer has been expediated. We are unable to reverse transfers once completed.
- 33. If we are unable to complete the transfer of a registration for any reason, and we have attempted the transfer, then our 'Managed Transfer Service' fee will not be refunded.
- 34. In the event where the purchaser has not opted for our 'Managed Transfer Service', then the purchaser/nominee will be solely responsible for assigning the registration with the DVLA.
- 35. It is illegal to display a registration on a vehicle until a transfer of the registration has been completed and confirmed. If you choose our managed transfer service, you must not display the new registration on the vehicle until you receive an email from us to confirm the transfer is completed, which will include documents confirming this. If you choose to conduct your own transfer, you agree to not display the registration until the transfer has been completed.
Acrylic Number Plates
These terms only apply where you have opted for Swiftreg to supply you with a set of number plates.
- 36. Swiftreg only supply number plates which are road legal and DVLA compliant at the time of purchase. This will include our name, RNPS registered postcode and the current BS British Standard as required by the DVLA.
- 37. Swiftreg will not be able to mis-represent a registration number, and therefore is unable to change the order in which the characters are displayed, or the spacing of characters
- 38. Swiftreg are only able to supply the size number plates specified on our checkout page. We will fulfill your purchase as per the size chosen when ordering
- 39. Swiftreg do not offer a fitting service, therefore if it is the purchasers responsibility to fit number plates supplied by Swiftreg, or seek an alternative service at their cost to do this
- 40. If you purchase our acrylic number plates, due to their personalised nature they are non refundable, exchangeable and cannot be cancelled.
- 41. If you receive a set of number plates which are faulty or damaged, you must inform us within 7 days of receiving the item. If number plates are damaged in transit, we will send a replacement without charge during this period.
- 42. Any images of number plates on our website are for illustrative purposes only. All plates will be printed in accordance with DVLA/Department of Transport requirements.
- 43. Number plates supplied by us will be quality checked prior to dispatch. However, please note that minor imperfections may be visible. These will not affect the use or legality of the number plate.
- 44. We can only deliver to the address specified by you at the time of purchase. If you wish to change this, we require written confirmation from the same email address as the purchaser. We will endeavour to update the address, providing the certificates/number plates have not been posted. If they have, we are unable to change the delivery address.
- 45. Number plates will typically be dispatched to you via courier delivery method. If the courier is unable to deliver due to no access to the property (for example; no-one is home), the plates will be sent back to us. We will have to wait for these before we can send them back out to you.
- 46. Number plates will be considered lost in transit where there has been no updates from the courier for a period of over 7 days. Only in this circumstance will we print and dispatch a new set of plates to the purchaser.
- 47. If you have not received your registration certificate in the post, please notify us straight away. We will request a new certificate be issued by the DVLA.
Returns & Refunds
- 48. As per term 4 above, the sale of personalised registrations and number plates are non-refundable, non returnable and cannot be exchanged. All purchases are final - there is no cooling off period.
Coupons, Discounts & Deals
- 49. Any coupons, deals or discounts are valid only with the purchase of a registration, and must be used at the time of purchase of said registration. Any deal, coupon or discount cannot be used after a purchase has been made, or retrospectively. Coupons, discounts and deals will have a limited availability and/or timeframe to be used.
Gift Cards / Gift Vouchers
For the following terms, gift cards and gift vouchers will be treated as one and the same.
- 50. Gift cards purchased from Swiftreg can only be redeemed on swiftreg.co.uk against the purchase of a registration mark.
- 51. The sale of any and all gift cards / gift vouchers are non-refundable under any circumstance.
- 52. Gift cards have no cash/resale value, and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 53. Gift cards must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase. If the gift card expires, any balance remaining on the gift card at time of expirey will not be refunded.
- 54. Only one gift card can be used during any single purchase
- 55. Gift cards will be issued by email only.
- 56. If you or the recipient has not received the gift card by email, you should notify us immediately. We accept no responsibility for the gift card being sent to the wrong email address, and/or recipient, or mis-use of the gift card under any circumstance.
- 57. Gift vouchers are not transferrable and may only be used by the person the voucher has been sent to.
- 58. Purchases made with a gift card (whether payment in part or full) are bound to the same terms and conditions as listed on this page.
- 59. Should a registration mark purchased be unavailable, the amount deducted from the gift card will be issued back to the same, or a new gift card only.
- 60. Should the balance of the gift card not cover the purchase in full upon redemption, the remaining balance due can only be paid by debit/credit card.
Selling With Swiftreg
- 61. By submitting a valuation request or request to advertise, you are confirming that you are the owner/have the rights to the registration number
- 62. Where we offer a valuation for your registration, this is based on current market conditions, the price of similar registration marks and other factors which we take into account. Valuations and price of registrations can vary from time to time.
- 63. Swiftreg agree to advertise your registration on a commission basis, meaning we will add our fee to the sale of the registration number which the new buyer will pay.
- 64. We are unable to guarantee how long a registration number will take to sell
- 65. You can set your own price for a registration number when selling with us, however where we feel this figure is beyond realistic, we reserve the right to not list the registration for sale.
- 66. If we receive a realistic offer on your registration number, we will inform you and advise how much you will receive in payment should you accept. This may be less than the price you set when listing the registration for sale. It will be choice if you wish to accept any offer.
- 67. Once a sale has been confirmed with yourself, Swiftreg will act as a broker between both parties and will manage the transaction. We will require your V750/V778 certificate for the registration to be posted to our office address. We may also ask you to send us details of the certificate by telephone/email to speed up the process.
- 68. Once the registration number has been assigned to the new purchasers vehicle, we will make payment to you within 7 working days by bank transfer.
- 69. If when paying you there are any bank fees to be paid (for example, international payments), any fees will be deducted from the amount paid to you.
- 70. We are unable to pay you for the registration number until it has been transferred out of your name/address (change of ownership). We will not pay upfront for the registration number.
- 71. We reserve the right to remove from sale any registration number for any reason, without recourse.
Events Outside Our Control / Force Majeure
- 72. If we are prevented or delayed by any event outside our reasonable control (such as delays or errors in the postal system, email, department of transport, DVLA, or other etc), from performing any of our obligations, or for error's caused by third parties whilst undertaking our duties (such as errors in processing of documents by the government bodies), under these terms or otherwise, we shall be relieved of liability for failure to perform, damages, or for delay in performing such obligations.
- 73. These terms contain all the terms agreed between you and us and they will supersede and exclude any prior agreement, arrangement or understanding between you and us, whether oral or in writing.
- 74. We reserve the right to cancel any order or certificate for any reason, without recourse or liability. An example of where this might be the case (but not limited to this reason), is in the case of fraud/suspicion of fraud.
The Terms Of This Contract Do Not Affect Your Statutory Rights
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website. Use of our website and services signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Klarna / Finance
- Pay later.
Further information and Klarnas user terms you can find . General information on Klarna you can find . Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in .
Any finance agreement is between the purchaser and Klarna. Swiftreg are unable to advise in respect of any finance agreements, repayments or missed payments. Should you not pay your finance agreement, Klarna will send you payment requests/may take further action. Any cancellation of your finance agreement does not cancel your purchase with Swiftreg Ltd.
For further information about your financial agreement, Klarna customer services can be contacted on 0808 189 3333.
If you have a complaint regarding our website or our service, then please write to SUITE 21 10 CHURCHILL SQUARE, KINGS HILL, WEST MALLING, ME19 4YU , or use the Contact Form on our website. We aim to respond within 5 business days.
For any questions please contact us either by phone or email@example.com