Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your rights and obligations when purchasing a private registration from SwiftReg ltd.
Swiftreg.co.uk website is owned and operated by Swiftreg Limited (also referred to in this document as 'we', 'us', 'our', 'swiftreg' 'swift reg' and 'The Company'). Our registered office is SUITE 21 10 CHURCHILL SQUARE, KINGS HILL, WEST MALLING, ME19 4YU. Our company registration number is 12601865, VAT number 350 6628 04
- 1. A Buyer shall be deemed to be found once SwiftReg have received a part or full payment by any means such as cash, cheque, bank card or finance application approval from an intending purchaser of the registration mark.
- 2. SwiftReg shall be responsible for the administering of documentation required to transfer the registration mark and will process all papers as quickly as is possible, but will not be liable for any losses howsoever caused due to any delay other than on the part of SwiftReg ltd. In the unlikely event that the DVLA revokes the right to a registration mark, SwiftReg will not be liable for any damages, interest, or other expense incurred whatsoever.
- 3. If we are transferring the registration to a vehicle, The Buyer is responsible for producing the documentation of the vehicle receiving the mark. If a registration is being supplied on a Retention Certificate, we will arrange this within 7 days of DVLA approving the application. The current DVLA fee of £80.00 is included in the total purchase price of all our registrations.
- 4. Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if a buyer does not proceed with the transfer of the registration mark after paying the part/full payment, or fails to supply the full documentation required by DVLA, then no part of this payment is refundable, whatsoever, as the service period commences immediately. Bespoke and personalised items are excluded from Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 for distant sales. This means consumers do not have the right to cancel once orders have been placed. Ordered registrations and/or number plates cannot be refunded or exchanged, nor will any cancellations be accepted. If a balance payment is not received, a debt recovery company will be employed to recover any payments outstanding. There will be additional charges for their services. Please note there is no cooling off period permitted.
- 5. All registrations are sold subject to availability and we cannot accept any responsibility should the donor of the registration change their mind in respect of selling, or in the unlikely event of failure of the transfer at DVLA transfer level. All registration availability and prices shown throughout this website are subject to change without notice.
- 6. Use of this website’s “Buy Online” facility does not guarantee price or availability of your chosen registration.
- 7. The Buyer of any registration mark must forward full payment before a transfer will be submitted to the DVLA, or it’s agents. This payment must be made within 14 days of securing the registration by initial part payment (if applicable), or the transaction will be deemed a failure and the Buyer will forfeit their part payment. We must receive any required vehicle documents within a maximum of 28 days from the date of initial payment.
- 8. In the unlikely event of us being unable to supply a registration or if the transaction fails, prior to completion, due to no fault of the Buyer then he/she will receive a full refund of all amounts paid only. This will be in the form of payment received be it cash, cheque or credit card.
- 9. The issue of a new V5C bearing the new registration number shall be conclusive proof that a successful transfer has taken place for both Buyer and Seller.
- 10. If a registration is supplied on a retention certificate or a certificate of Entitlement it is the buyers responsibility to assign the registration before the expiry date. If it is not assigned before this date, the registration will be lost.
- 11. The Secretary of State for Transport, Environment of the Regions or their agents, the DVLA (as keeper of their records), may at any time revoke the right to a registration mark for whatever reason. In this highly unlikely event SwiftReg cannot be held responsible. SwiftReg are also not liable for any change in Government legislation or it’s consequences.
- 12. Although you can purchase a registration that is newer than your vehicle, you cannot display a number plate on a vehicle that makes that same vehicle appear newer. Please note that numbers cannot be cancelled or changed and it is your responsibility to purchase a registration mark that is suitable for the intended vehicle.
- 13. Transfers are limited to vehicles of tax and testable type. This means vehicles listed as limited usage such as farm or agricultural vehicles or tax exempt vehicles do not qualify for the transfer scheme and consequently we are unable to to transfer to or from a vehicle of this type.
- 14. Our price match offer relates to prices where the exact same registration and services apply. It is not a retrospective offer and therefore we are unable to match a price once a transaction has already been started and payment made. We will only price match registered cherished number plate dealers, and not individual sellers or the DVLA.
- 15. If we are arranging a transfer of the registration purchased from us and you wish to retain a private registration already assigned on your vehicle, you must email us immediately once your order is placed to inform us. A further payment of £80 will be due to cover the DVLA retention fee plus an admin fee for our time. If we do not receive this fee, then the number will lost once the transfer has been expediated. We are unable to reverse transfers once completed.
- 16. If acrylic plates are ordered at the time of sale, we are only able to dispatch them once we receive documentary evidence of either the purchaser or nominee (user) of the registration. This is line with legal requirements set out by DVLA. Once ordered, we are unable to cancel, change or refund.
- 17.Our liability is strictly limited to a full refund only and no claims for damages, interest on monies paid or any other expenses will be entertained.
- 18.For clarification, any order is not deemed to be accepted by the company until all aspects of the order including price and availability have been checked and confirmed by the company.
- 19. It is illegal to display a registration on a vehicle until a transfer of the registration has been completed and confirmed. If you choose our managed transfer service, you must not display the new registration on the vehicle until you receive an email from us to confirm the transfer is completed, which will include documents confirming this. If you choose to conduct your own transfer, you agree to not display the registration until the transfer has been completed.
20 WHEN A CONTRACT IS COMPLETE
A contract to transfer a Registration between us and you or between you and a seller of a Registration (where we are brokering a deal) (which we call a 'Transaction') is only complete when we send you an email confirming the Transaction is complete or, if your contact with us is by telephone, when one of our telephone operators specifically confirms to you on the telephone that the 'sale' or Transaction is complete (which will only ever be at the end of (but not at the start or otherwise during) a phone call. We may also ask you to pay a deposit which is non-refundable.
21. ALL SALES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
All Registrations are promoted and 'sold' subject to availability. Although we check the availability of every Registration before promoting it, a particular Registration can become unavailable for a variety of reasons. For example, for a Registration which is not owned by us, the seller may change his mind about selling after he told us to promote it(!) or they have increased their asking price or we may be unable successfully to broker a deal or, for any Registration, human error may occur (although we will always use reasonable care and skill in whatever we do) or the Drivers Vehicle and Licensing Authority (DVLA) may have mis-listed a Registration or there may be a timing mismatch between lists they supply to us and the availability of a particular Registration. Please note that if a Registration does become unavailable, we will try and find a suitable replacement Registration or provide a refund in full (which is our exclusive liability). However, where the failure is in some way due to your fault (or that of someone acting on your behalf), we cannot accept any liability of any kind.
- 22. RETURNS & REFUNDS
As per term 4 above, the sale of personalised registrations and number plates are non-refundable, non returnable and cannot be exchanged. All purchases are final.
If you receive a set of number plates which are faulty or damaged, you must inform us within 7 days of receiving the item. If number plates are damaged in transit, we will send a replacement without charge during this period.
The terms of this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website. Use of our website and services signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Pay later.
Further information and Klarnas user terms you can find . General information on Klarna you can find . Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in .
If you have a complaint regarding our website or our service, then please write to SUITE 21 10 CHURCHILL SQUARE, KINGS HILL, WEST MALLING, ME19 4YU , or use the Contact Form on our website. We aim to respond within 5 business days.
For any questions please contact us either by phone or email@example.com